Safety and Health Policy
It is the Company's Policy to promote and enhance Health and Safety at Sea, Prevention of Human Injury or loss of life, welfare of employees and avoidance of any adverse impact on the environment (marine or otherwise), including property.
Samudra’s main objectives regarding Safety Management are:
- To provide for Safe and healthy Practices in ship Operation
- To prevent damage to the ship, her cargo and the environment.
- To assess all identified risks to its ships, personnel and the environment, to establish safeguards against identified risks
- To prevent loss of human life and personal injury.
- To continuously improve Safety Management skills of personnel ashore and aboard ships, including preparing for emergencies related both to Safety, Health & Environmental Protection.
- To ensure that seafarers' work environment on board ships promotes occupational safety & health.
- Makes every effort to provide a safe and healthy workplace and considers working safely a condition of employment. Provides necessary resources to implement the occupational health and safety program.
- Recognizes that no task is so important for an employee to put himself at risk of injury or illness in order to get it done.
- To Protect the Health of seafarers and provide prompt access to medical care on board and ashore when needed.
- Support the purchase of energy efficient products and services, and where applicable supports design energy efficiency improvements.
"All Company employees, shore based and going onboard ships are responsible for implementing the Company's Health, Safety, Environmental & Energy Policy. Employees are also trained to comply with the applicable ship occupational safety & health program"